- Environmentally and ethically responsible
- Kantha throw quilts are six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch.
- Made of 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m (6'8" x 3'4")
- Stitched in approximately 23 hours (3 days) by hand (depending on experience)
- Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.