October 25, 6:30pm-9:00pm *VIRTUAL*
December 21, 6:30pm-9:00pm *VIRTUAL*
About the Class:
Lactation (Not So) Basics is the class we wished we had before attempting to feed our babies. We want everyone planning to nurse to take this class in order to develop a shared language and get a sense of what lies ahead. If you haven’t heard already, this “natural” process can be really complicated sometimes!
Our goal is to lay a strong foundation and give you the resources you’ll need for navigating the seemingly uncharted territory that lies ahead! Partners are strongly encouraged to attend.
This class is taught by Birthsmarter’s founder, Ashley.
Great as a standalone class, but we love to bundle with Postpartum Planning and Newborn Care for a comprehensive education! Book all three classes in one transaction for 10% off with the code BUNDLE. All classes include you + your support team.
What does Lactation (Not So) Basic cover?
- The secrets to getting a great latch (nursing does not have to be painful!)
- Milk production and why the timing of feeds really matters (cluster feeds, growth spurts, etc)
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk
- Breast care and troubleshooting clogged ducts, mastitis, and thrush
- Tongue ties + other possible complications
- Pumping, hand expression, storage, and alternative feeding options
- Changing patterns within the first 24 hours, first two weeks, and first few months
- Ways partners can support the nursing parent
- Oh, and a lot about the general awesomeness of breastmilk!
When should you take this class?
We recommend you take Lactation (Not So) Basics between week 30 and week 36. Practicing pre-baby isn’t easy, and it will be helpful for the information to be fresh in your mind!