September 27, 2:00p-3:30p
October 25, 2:00p-3:30p
Cost per Family: $39, nobody turned away for lack of funds
COVID-19 UPDATE: In light of the Pandemic, I have moved all my live Babywearing classes online! You can now get all of your burning babywearing questions answered in real time by me- one of New York CIty’s top Certified Babywearing Educators - from the comfort of your own living room.. Oh and did I mention? Register for class today and help support one of my favorite small babywearing businesses, The Wild BK ! The Wild is offering a 20% discount on all baby carriers to families who register for this class, and shipping is fast and free on purchases over $59. It’s a win-win for everybody.
This class is perfect for pregnant people and their families who are curious about babywearing, or families that have recently had a baby and need help with a carrier they already own, or are in the market for something new and different. The baby carriers demonstrated in this class are geared towards infants up to 15 lbs, though many I show will last you much, much longer than that. If you have an older kiddo and need babywearing help, reach out to me for help direcly and we can set up a virtual consultation.
Baby carriers do good things for babies. Holding infants upright and close to your body decreases their (and your!) stress, settles gassy stomachs, builds strength, improves feeding, lessens crying, quickens growth and improves their sleep. Carriers also allow parents to keep their children close while attending to their own needs -or stay SANE, in other words. In New York City, where I hail from, the practical benefits are obvious - it’s simply way easier to maneuver in and out of walk-up apartments, or tight spaces like buses, stairways and shops with a carrier on - oh, and your hands are free too! :) In light of the current climate of physical distancing and social separation, babies (and parents too!) still need much rocking, soothing, walks in the fresh air and movement…perhaps more than ever. Baby carriers can keep you safer from other people’s germs when you are out of the house, and make for a happier family when you are inside. So… less crying and less stress?? YES. PLEASE.
For those who need a little babywearing guidance and help, here are my affirmations for this 90-minute class.:
- Feel enlightened and inspired by the myriad of evidence-based physical, emotional and social benefits that babywearing can offer you and your baby.
- Laugh a lot with me and at me, as you watch me and my always-messy-top-bun demo 6 of my favorite carriers for young babes, all in rapid-fire succession. Seeing this content LIVE and unedited (instead of pre-recorded videos) allows me to demonstrate what real-life babywearing can look and BE like in the wild, mishaps and all. All of this is done whilst fielding your burning babywearing questions the entire time to make sure your very specific curiosities are addressed at every point.
- Feel confident and grounded, now that you explicitly know what “safe” and “safeish” positioning looks like in ANY baby carrier, and can use this knowledge to evaluate any carrier you own, now and into the future. What age can I face my baby forward? Should I? Do his hips look okay? Can she breathe? When will they grow out of this carrier? Can I feed them in this one? Join us, and I promise you, no babywearing stone will be left unturned!
- Rejoice in having unfiltered access to my independent experience helping thousands of new families with carriers. The saying “what works for one person, does not always mean it works for another” has never been more true than it is with baby carriers. I have more than a decade of experience and absolutely no attachment whatsoever to which carrier you end up using. This is far more reliable than settling on, say, the carrier your best friend fell in love with a month ago, or the one your sister-in-law wore with all of her kids, or the cute product image of smiling baby that a manufacturer is strategically selling to you on their box.
- Find love and potential use for a carrier that you perhaps once scorned, or one which you had accidentally been wearing backward this whole time lol, who knew? Worst case scenario, you gain a deeper understanding for WHY a carrier has not been serving you (even when used totally correctly), and you can do as the great Marie Kondo does: thank it for its service, and let it go.
- Deeply appreciate new carriers you would have never have before known about, having now learned exactly what it is that so many people love (or dislike) about each carrier style, and more importantly, WHY they end up choosing the ones they do.
Whether you have hand-me-down carriers at home that still don’t feel quite “right” when you try them on, or if you have never touched a baby carrier in your whole life, this class is designed to immediately help you narrow down your choices and figure out what carrier or carriers will be the most helpful for you and your family. The last 20-or-so minutes of class are dedicated to your specific and personal Q&A. Although you cannot touch and feel the carriers I will be showing you, I use my language and live demonstration to help differentiate one carrier from another in terms of pros, cons and the specific requirements for your family.
COVID CLASS EDITION - I am offering this 90-minute class for $39 per family. If you cannot afford this, no one will be turned away due to lack of funds. Please email me if this is you, and I can send you a link at a pay-what-you-can price! The pricing of this class is set so that I can keep the class sizes small enough to be able to answer people’s specific questions and troubleshoot their individual scenarios. Providing high-quality and specialized educational content has always been how I make my living, and like so many other instructors and small business friends in the birth world, I am pivoting to provide the same level of support in a new and improved virtual format! I appreciate all of your support during these strange times.
About the Instructor:
Adriane Stare is the founder and former owner of Wild Was Mama (now The Wild BK!) She is a Master Babywearing Instructor with more than 10 years experience, a Certified Postpartum Doula, Certified Breastfeeding Educator and Mom to 2 boys. Find her at www.adrianestare.com or on instagram at @ado_stare!