December 1, 6:30pm-9:30pm *VIRTUAL*
Childbirth Education Express:
- Anatomy and physiology of late pregnancy and birth.
- Stages and phases of labor.
- Coping measures and positions
- Breath and relaxation practices to reduce stress and anxiety
- Benefits, risks, and alternatives to common medical procedures
- When to go to the hospital and what to pack
- Questions to ask your provider and how to navigate the hospital setting
- Epidural anesthesia, induction procedures and cesarean surgery
* This childbirth class is intended for clients between 36 and 38 weeks who want to understand the language around birth and do not have the time for a longer series.
About Birth Smarter:
In a world where it is difficult to keep sight of what is most important Birth Smarter aims to call our attention back to what is valuable. Do you notice that expectant parents spend more time choosing a stroller than they do a midwife or obstetrician? More time arranging their nursery than arranging comprehensive support for after the birth. As a business we have the power to convince you that pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period are worth investing in. If we don’t, women and families suffer and you miss the opportunity to build an intentional foundation for your family; the foundation on which we’d like our society to rest.
Birth Smarter lives in the space where biology meets society, wisdom meets data, and empathy meets activism. We believe that transparency is the key to birth, babies, and business, that it is always worth investing in parents, and that together, we can change the world. Our unique birth and parenting classes offer expecting parents and their support team the information and practice that will enable them to think critically and improvise during high stakes moments. Our continuing education workshops empower health and wellness professionals to become trusted pillars of their perinatal community. We’re shaping the future, one birth at a time.