September 11th 6:30pm - 9:30pm
November 14th 6:30pm - 9:30pm
December 19th 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Childbirth Education Express:For those short on time, or attention, we'll give you a crash course on:
- Anatomy and physiology of late pregnancy and birth.
- Stages and phases of labor.
- Coping measures and positions
- Breath and relaxation practices to reduce stress and anxiety
- Benefits, risks, and alternatives to common medical procedures
- When to go to the hospital and what to pack
- Questions to ask your provider and how to navigate the hospital setting
- Epidural anesthesia, induction procedures and cesarean surgery
* This childbirth class is intended for clients between 36 and 38 weeks who want to understand the language around birth and do not have the time for a longer series.
About the Instructor:
Ashley Brichter is the Founder, Owner, and Lead Teacher at Birth Smarter. She is a Certified Cooperative Childbirth Educator through CEA/MNY, a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC), and a birth and postpartum doula. Ashley is a pelvic health and body-alignment enthusiast. She is trained in Comforting Touch for Labor, Infant / Child CPR, Rebozo Techniques for Childbirth, Dream Birth Imagery, Spinning Babies, and Prenatal Yoga.
Ashley graduated from Haverford College with a passion for progressive politics and progressive education as well as an innate ability to nurture those around her. She fell seamlessly into working as a postpartum doula and founded Managing Overwhelming Moments, LLC (MOM) in 2011. She quickly became a lactation counselor, birth doula, and childbirth educator.