September 18/19, 12:30pm-6:00pm *VIRTUAL*
About the Class:
With our Weekend Intensive Childbirth Education class you will learn the fundamentals of the Birthsmarter approach: The Three Actions™ of Birth, the Five Partner Responsibilities, and so much more in an informative and engaging way. This class is ideal for expectant parents who are interested in learning in a community environment with time for discussion.
This class is taught by Birthsmarter educator, Elizabeth.
Great as a standalone childbirth education foundation, but we love to bundle this class with our Postpartum Planning, Lactation (Not So) Basics, and Newborn Careclasses for a truly comprehensive education! Book all three classes in one transaction for 10% off. All classes include you + your support team.
- Two days of action-oriented, personalized live instruction
- 32-page interactive activity book, including our Birth Planning Guide and Hospital Packing List
- Live Office Hours on Zoom after class
- Access to Birthsmarter's Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
- Unbiased, non-judgmental, presentation of options (because you might get an epidural if you didn't want one, and not get one if you did)
- Neutral language
- Access to Birthsmarter's On-Demand class (when purchased as a bundle)
- Birthsmarter’s The Three Actions™ of Birth and Five Partner Responsibilities
- Oxytocin, Fetal Alignment, and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- How to Move through Birth
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing Contractions
- The Water “breaking”
- Pre-Labor Signs
- Labor Coping Skills including positions, breath work, massage techniques, visualization and additional comfort measures
- Getting to Your Birth Location
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management
- Cesarean Birth
- Pushing, The Pelvic Floor, and the Birth of the Baby
- Birthing the Placenta + The Golden Hour
- First Two Weeks Postpartum Q + A
When should you take this class?
In a world where it is difficult to keep sight of what is most important Birth Smarter aims to call our attention back to what is valuable. Do you notice that expectant parents spend more time choosing a stroller than they do a midwife or obstetrician? More time arranging their nursery than arranging comprehensive support for after the birth. As a business we have the power to convince you that pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period are worth investing in. If we don’t, women and families suffer and you miss the opportunity to build an intentional foundation for your family; the foundation on which we’d like our society to rest.
Birth Smarter lives in the space where biology meets society, wisdom meets data, and empathy meets activism. We believe that transparency is the key to birth, babies, and business, that it is always worth investing in parents, and that together, we can change the world. Our unique birth and parenting classes offer expecting parents and their support team the information and practice that will enable them to think critically and improvise during high stakes moments. Our continuing education workshops empower health and wellness professionals to become trusted pillars of their perinatal community. We’re shaping the future, one birth at a time.