July 15, 6:30pm-9:30pm (In Person @ The Wild)
August 9, 6:30pm-9:30pm (In Person @ The Wild)
September 13, 6:30pm-9:30pm (In Person @ The Wild)
About the Class:
Our In-Person, Express Childbirth Education Class is an amazing time to connect with other expectant parents and learn the fundamentals of the Birthsmarter approach: The Three Actions™ of Birth and the Five Partner Responsibilities. This class is intended to give students an outline of important topics as well as the resources for where and how to learn more about each one. We welcome those planning to give birth at home, in a birthing center, or in a hospital.
This class will be taught by Birthsmarter educator Caprice.
SIGN UP HERE
Our Express Course allows expectant parents to learn the basics in a short period of time.
Express Childbirth Education covers:
- Birth Smarter’s The Three Actions (TM) : Anatomy + Physiology of Labor
- Oxytocin, Fetal Alignment, and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- The Birth Smarter Five Partner Responsibilities
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing contractions
- The water “breaking”
- Pre-labor signs
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management
- Pushing and the Birth of the Baby
- Pairs extremely well with: Comfort + Coping, Push Prep, Postpartum Planning and Breastfeeding and Newborn Care.
And includes access to:
- Our 32-page complimentary Activity Book
- Weekly Office Hours
- Birth Smarter’s Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
Express Childbirth Education pairs well with:
- Comfort + Coping
- Push Prep
- Postpartum Planning
- Lactation (Not So) Basics
- Newborn Care
About Birth Smarter:
In a world where it is difficult to keep sight of what is most important Birth Smarter aims to call our attention back to what is valuable. Do you notice that expectant parents spend more time choosing a stroller than they do a midwife or obstetrician? More time arranging their nursery than arranging comprehensive support for after the birth. As a business we have the power to convince you that pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period are worth investing in. If we don’t, women and families suffer and you miss the opportunity to build an intentional foundation for your family; the foundation on which we’d like our society to rest.
Birth Smarter lives in the space where biology meets society, wisdom meets data, and empathy meets activism. We believe that transparency is the key to birth, babies, and business, that it is always worth investing in parents, and that together, we can change the world. Our unique birth and parenting classes offer expecting parents and their support team the information and practice that will enable them to think critically and improvise during high stakes moments. Our continuing education workshops empower health and wellness professionals to become trusted pillars of their perinatal community. We’re shaping the future, one birth at a time.