What and how you feed your baby from the beginning can shape their future taste preferences and attitude towards food. In this comprehensive infant feeding and nutrition workshop you’ll learn how, when and what to feed your baby to promote lifelong healthy nutrition behaviors.
The 90-minute class will cover:
- When to start your baby on solids
- Spoon feeding vs baby-led feeding
- Portion sizes
- Nutritious foods to focus on (and what to avoid) during the first year
- Transitioning to complex textures
- Current recommendations on food allergies, and how to introduce high allergen foods
- Adverse reactions + how to handle them
- How to foster healthy eating habits and raise adventurous eaters
- Options for baby food: store-bought, homemade, and subscription services including tastings
You’ll leave with the confidence and direction needed to embark on this milestone in a mindful and nutritious way. Best for parents or caregivers of babies 0-9 months of age. Baby food tasting sponsored by Tiny Organics.
Non-crawling babies are welcome.
$40 per person.
About the Teacher:
Shira Sussi MS, RD, CDN is a Brooklyn-based registered dietitian, culinary enthusiast, nutrition expert, writer and mother. She works as an outpatient RD at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell and as a nutrition expert for Cleo where she provides telecounseling to families supporting their nutritional needs from preconception through new parenthood. In her private practice, Shira Sussi Nutrition, Shira provides in-home and virtual nutrition counseling for clients in pre/postnatal health, and successfully helps families establish positive eating practices to foster healthier infants and children.