Birthsmarter Lactation (Not So) Basics
June 23, 7:00pm-9:30pm (Virtual)
Birthsmarter Lactation (Not So) Basics is offered 👩🏽💻Live-Online | 📍In-Person
This is the class we wished we had before attempting to feed our babies!
- The secrets to getting a great latch (nursing does not have to be painful!)
- Milk production and why the timing of feeds really matters (cluster feeds, growth spurts, etc)
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk
- Breast care and troubleshooting clogged ducts, mastitis, and thrush
- Tongue ties + other possible complications
- Pumping, hand expression, storage, and alternative feeding options
- Changing patterns within the first 24 hours, first two weeks, and first few months
- Ways partners can support the nursing parent
- Oh, and a lot about the general awesomeness of breastmilk!
Our goal is to lay a strong foundation and give you the resources you’ll need for navigating the seemingly uncharted territory that lies ahead! Partners are strongly encouraged to attend.
While great as a standalone class, we love to bundle with Postpartum Planning and Newborn Care for a comprehensive education! Book all three classes in one transaction for 10% off with the code BUNDLE. All classes include you + your support team.
In a world where it is difficult to keep sight of what is most important Birthsmarter aims to call our attention back to what is valuable. Do you notice that expectant parents spend more time choosing a stroller than they do a midwife or obstetrician? More time arranging their nursery than arranging comprehensive support for after the birth. As a business we have the power to convince you that pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period are worth investing in. If we don’t, women and families suffer and you miss the opportunity to build an intentional foundation for your family; the foundation on which we’d like our society to rest.
Birthsmarter lives in the space where biology meets society, wisdom meets data, and empathy meets activism. We believe that transparency is the key to birth, babies, and business, that it is always worth investing in parents, and that together, we can change the world. Our unique birth and parenting classes offer expecting parents and their support team the information and practice that will enable them to think critically and improvise during high stakes moments. Our continuing education workshops empower health and wellness professionals to become trusted pillars of their perinatal community. We’re shaping the future, one birth at a time.