Birthsmarter Childbirth Education - All Day Condensed
*No Upcoming All-Day Classes*
The Birthsmarter Childbirth Education Course is offered👩🏽💻Live-Online | 📍In-Person | 💻 On-Demand
Each format covers:
- Part 1: Labor + Delivery 101
- Birthsmarter’s The Three Actions™ of Birth and Five Partner Responsibilities
- Oxytocin and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- How to #KeepItMoving Through Birth
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing Contractions
- The Water “Breaking”
- Pre-Labor Signs
- Getting to Your Birth Location
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management, and Labor Induction
- Part 2: Comfort + Coping
- Labor Positions
- Breath Work
- Partner Massage Techniques
- Mantras, Affirmations + Visualizations
- Additional Comfort Measures
- Part 3: Push Prep
- Posture, Alignment, + Breath for Pelvic Health
- Fetal Alignment
- Pushing Positions
- 60-page interactive workbook book, including our Birth Planning Guide and Hospital Packing List
- Access to Birthsmarter's Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
- Gender Neutral Language
- Weekly Office Hours on Zoom
- Partner Perks + Discounts
- (On-Demand Videos are Captioned)
The Birthsmarter Childbirth Education Course DOES NOT include Postpartum Planning, Newborn Care, and Lactation (Not So) Basics. These are available as a series, or Á La Carte.
What props/tools are required for class?
We will supply everything you need for in-person learning. If you’re attending class live, online or watching On-Demand it might be helpful to have:
- An inflated birth ball
- A chair with no arms (a kitchen chair or folding chair)
- A body pillow/yoga bolster/two bed pillows
- A tennis ball or other massage tool
- A big scarf (like a classic Pashmina)
- A water bottle with a straw top, or a glass of water with a straw
- A heating pad
- Lotion or oil, perhaps with a scent you enjoy
Childbirth Education Format Details:
1. The In-Person Course operates as a Weekend Intensive, meeting Saturday + Sunday from 12:30pm-6:00pm EST | MST (Classes are available in NYC + SLC, UT)
2. The Live, Online Course operates as a 3-Class Series over Zoom. Part 1: Labor + Delivery 101 and Part 2: Comfort + Coping meet back-to-back on a Saturday (12pm-3:30pm EST + 4:00-6:00pm EST respectively) and Part 3: Push Prep meets the following week from (7:00-9:30pm EST).
3. The On-Demand Course consists of pre-recorded video lessons you can access and watch anytime, entirely at your own pace.
Which Class is Right for Me?
The In-Person, Weekend-Intensive is an ideal environment for expectant parents who are interested in learning in a community environment with time for hands-on practice and discussion.
Our Live-Online classes over Zoom are ideal for expectant parents who are interested in accountability, live instruction, and having the opportunity to ask questions and participate in discussion.
The On-Demand Class option is perfect for those who are self-motivated learners and want to move at their own pace, on their own time. It is also a great option for those who have scheduling conflicts, but still want to prepare with Birthsmarter.
When should I take Childbirth Education?
Ideally, you would take childbirth education classes between week 28 and week 34. Some clients start as early as week 24 and others find us around week 37. It’s never too early and it’s never too late!
Wait, why are Labor + Delivery 101, Push Prep and Comfort + Coping sold separately elsewhere on the site? We also offer these three classes Á La Carte for folks who are only interested in one or two subjects. For example, we've had clients take a traditional birth class elsewhere and feel disappointed that there was no hands-on practice or acknowledgement of the pelvic floor and want to supplement their education with Comfort + Coping or Push Prep. Others may be looking for a refresher course for baby #2 or #3. Everything you can select here 👆, labeled “Childbirth Education” (whether it’s In-Person, Live-Online, or On-Demand), covers all three subjects! Rest assured, 99% of the time, we recommend first time parents take this option instead of choosing individual subject matters. The sections feed into each other and are all equally important.
If finances are a concern:
Please reach out about Pay-What-You-Can pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.
In a world where it is difficult to keep sight of what is most important Birthsmarter aims to call our attention back to what is valuable. Do you notice that expectant parents spend more time choosing a stroller than they do a midwife or obstetrician? More time arranging their nursery than arranging comprehensive support for after the birth. As a business we have the power to convince you that pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period are worth investing in. If we don’t, women and families suffer and you miss the opportunity to build an intentional foundation for your family; the foundation on which we’d like our society to rest.
Birthsmarter lives in the space where biology meets society, wisdom meets data, and empathy meets activism. We believe that transparency is the key to birth, babies, and business, that it is always worth investing in parents, and that together, we can change the world. Our unique birth and parenting classes offer expecting parents and their support team the information and practice that will enable them to think critically and improvise during high stakes moments. Our continuing education workshops empower health and wellness professionals to become trusted pillars of their perinatal community. We’re shaping the future, one birth at a time.